Fluke

Warm water, salt water and more. Talk about it here!
lightenup

Fluke

Post by lightenup » Tue Aug 01, 2023 12:30 pm

Went on the Sea Tiger II yesterday morn for a1/2 day trip with the wife and a friend, all told, I had 1 short and 2 Robins, the wife got the skunk and my buddy had 3 shorts...it is slow picking, I believe only 3 keepers on the boat....Nice boat, nice people, I wish the fishing was better.

Rusty Spinner

Re: Fluke

Post by Rusty Spinner » Fri Aug 04, 2023 4:55 pm

lightenup wrote:
Tue Aug 01, 2023 12:30 pm
Went on the Sea Tiger II yesterday morn for a1/2 day trip with the wife and a friend, all told, I had 1 short and 2 Robins, the wife got the skunk and my buddy had 3 shorts...it is slow picking, I believe only 3 keepers on the boat....Nice boat, nice people, I wish the fishing was better.
I fished a full 10 hours on my buddy's boat last Sunday. We ran inshore, offshore, north, south, you name it. We wound up with one over that I caught and one slot my buddy caught and maybe 100 shorts. We also released short weakfish and seabass.
"A sinking fly is closer to Hell" - Unknown

46er

Post by 46er » Sun Aug 06, 2023 10:42 am

They have been doing well off the beach in IBSP, mostly shorts, but the big guys are finally making a showing heading out to the deep, a bit late this year.

aka; Ralph

The irony of the Human condition is that we are so focused on reaching some point in our journey, some happiness, or some goal, that we seem to forget that the journey itself is where life happens.

PortMurrayAng

Post by PortMurrayAng » Sun Aug 06, 2023 5:31 pm

Most of the time I catch a fish it feels like a fluke. (Rimshot)

46er

Post by 46er » Tue Aug 08, 2023 11:32 pm

lightenup wrote:
Checked a party boat out of Barnegat Inlet, Miss Barnegat Light, running for fluke and sea bass. Fee was $75 half day :shock: Its been a lot longer than I thought since I took one of those. Fuel costs are crazy. I'll stick to the beach ;)
aka; Ralph

The irony of the Human condition is that we are so focused on reaching some point in our journey, some happiness, or some goal, that we seem to forget that the journey itself is where life happens.

lightenup

Post by lightenup » Wed Aug 09, 2023 11:57 am

46er wrote:
Tue Aug 08, 2023 11:32 pm
lightenup wrote:
Checked a party boat out of Barnegat Inlet, Miss Barnegat Light, running for fluke and sea bass. Fee was $75 half day :shock: Its been a lot longer than I thought since I took one of those. Fuel costs are crazy. I'll stick to the beach ;)
1/2 day Atlantic Highlands is $60.00, 2 Robins and 2 shorts, hardly worth it. I will be sticking to the beach going forward as well.