Native Fish Coalition NJ chapter

Discuss Trout Unlimited projects, meetings or other environmental and cold water issues here!
Rusty Spinner

Native Fish Coalition NJ chapter

Post by Rusty Spinner » Fri Sep 09, 2022 3:36 pm

We finally launched the NJ chapter of the Native Fish Coalition (NFC) with our first board meeting last month. We have a growing group of volunteers excited to help educate and advocate for native fish species, fresh or saltwater, gamefish and non gamefish. Our new Facebook page is launched but slow as I haven't had much time for that lately. But stick around and that will change. Here's a link and thanks for looking:

https://www.facebook.com/NativeFishCoalitionNJ
"A sinking fly is closer to Hell" - Unknown

Rusty Spinner

Re: Native Fish Coalition NJ chapter

Post by Rusty Spinner » Fri Jan 20, 2023 12:52 pm

Well, that was fast.....I'm no longer state chair. I got promoted to National Vice Chair - North. John Kosar, who was my Vice Chair, took the Chair role for NJ and he will do a much better job than I did in my short 5 or so months in that role. My new role is helping the 12 states I have under me and to vet new chapter board members, help them with goals and focus, develop new leadership, etc. We are now vetting members for a new Maryland chapter and a new Michigan chapter. This new role is better suited to my time and skills at the moment, and I look forward to helping this still relatively new organization build well beyond my years as the interest in native fish - both game and non game - grows exponentially.

martalus

Post by martalus » Fri Jan 27, 2023 3:05 pm

Congrats on the promotion! Let me know if you have any info on the Maryland chapter as I live there!

Rusty Spinner

Post by Rusty Spinner » Tue Jan 31, 2023 1:45 pm

martalus wrote:
Fri Jan 27, 2023 3:05 pm
Congrats on the promotion! Let me know if you have any info on the Maryland chapter as I live there!
We are not yet launched in Maryland, but I am vetting new board members there for inclusion into that state's chapter once we launch. Should be soon.