Boquet Salmon

All about the rainbows bigger cousin and salmon fishing discussion
46er

Boquet Salmon

Post by 46er » Wed Jun 26, 2019 11:27 pm

aka; Ralph

The irony of the Human condition is that we are so focused on reaching some point in our journey, some happiness, or some goal, that we seem to forget that the journey itself is where life happens.

martalus

Re: Boquet Salmon

Post by martalus » Wed Jul 15, 2020 10:09 am

Really cool video and great program to bring back the salmon. I have spent of time in southern/central vermont around Okemo/Killington (skiing in winter/fishing in summer) and as a child I remember there was some kind of initiative to bring back salmon to CT river tribs. I don't recall the results of that effort. I am not super familiar with Lake Champlain as it was far from our house but I didn't realize that it had salmon at one time. Good to see they are coming back!

martalus

Post by martalus » Wed Jul 15, 2020 10:18 am

https://valleyadvocate.com/2016/03/29/so-long-salmon/

this article is a few years old, but the CT river salmon restoration doesnt seem to have been successful. Northern Vermont/upstate new york are certainly colder than around the mouth of the Connecticut river so perhaps the champlain restoration will be more successful.

46er

Post by 46er » Mon Aug 03, 2020 11:41 am

Lake Champlain has a pretty healthy population of Salmon and the Boquet in NY is only getting better. If the Imperial Dam in Plattsburgh ever does get removed, it will open up the Saranac, but the effort supporting that recently failed..

https://www.wamc.org/post/new-york-dec- ... lattsburgh
aka; Ralph

The irony of the Human condition is that we are so focused on reaching some point in our journey, some happiness, or some goal, that we seem to forget that the journey itself is where life happens.

Troutman

Post by Troutman » Tue Aug 04, 2020 11:43 pm

nice read & videos from the links posted ;)
Was known as Troutman1