NBRR concrete walls

All about trout fishing in the great Garden State!
Razorbacker

NBRR concrete walls

Post by Razorbacker » Tue Aug 28, 2018 8:04 pm

Does anyone know what the concrete walls just south of the Lamington/NBRR confluence used to be?

SBRtool

Re: NBRR concrete walls

Post by SBRtool » Wed Aug 29, 2018 6:55 am

If we're talking about same spot...about 100 yards or so downstream of where the rivers meet than those walls used to be a bridge. I used to fish that section all the time when I was a kid and we'd swim under the bridge and jump off it when we weren't fishing but that was 25 years ago. I wanna say the bridge was torn down like 15-20 years ago. It was a decent sized bridge for being in the middle of no where.

Rusty Spinner

Post by Rusty Spinner » Wed Aug 29, 2018 10:20 am

Razorbacker wrote:
Tue Aug 28, 2018 8:04 pm
Does anyone know what the concrete walls just south of the Lamington/NBRR confluence used to be?
Looks like an old farmer's bridge to access lands across the river. There are several on the Lamington although most are only remnants having been destroyed over the years. And most farms no longer span both sides of the river on that river. With some exceptions.
"A sinking fly is closer to Hell" - Unknown

Razorbacker

Post by Razorbacker » Fri Aug 31, 2018 2:17 pm

Yep, that's the spot. Not a very deep to be jumping into! A farm bridge makes sense, as there are no proper roads on either side. The one side is now Forbes property.