Fly fishing etiquette rant

All about trout fishing in the great Garden State!
Rusty Spinner

Re: Fly fishing etiquette rant

Post by Rusty Spinner » Tue Oct 23, 2018 3:19 pm

I've only fished 3 consecutive days on the Bighorn and with my then boss and his three sons. We floated all three days and fishing was lights out. Black caddis hatch all day, every day and the water wasn't overly crowded at all. Maybe I just got lucky, but I'll take it if that was the case.
"A sinking fly is closer to Hell" - Unknown

Twism86

Post by Twism86 » Fri Nov 02, 2018 9:33 am

When I used to fish the Salmon River in NY for steelhead more often, people would often be so far out I was able to catch steelies behind them! As in I got fish between them and the bank I was standing on! Talk about surprising someone :shock:
"Stupidity is scary but genius can be frightening.
Genius built the atom bomb. Genius topples nations."

robtf

Post by robtf » Mon Dec 17, 2018 1:40 pm

Twism86 wrote:
Fri Nov 02, 2018 9:33 am
When I used to fish the Salmon River in NY for steelhead more often, people would often be so far out I was able to catch steelies behind them! As in I got fish between them and the bank I was standing on! Talk about surprising someone :shock:
While salmon fishing the SR, I caught rainbows (not steelhead) right below me, while having a fly dangling and digging in my bag for something else.
Made me laugh as you never know.

But in small streams, it should be fairly obvious but guys are both clueless but more often than not just rude and feel they can fish through you, not around you.

That's why I like to fish a l o n e, and move if I can't.
----

living in the land of clammies