The Green Brook 12/5/18:

All about trout fishing in the great Garden State!
BiggerThomas
Location: Whenever somebody's looking to be free...look in their eyes--you'll see me.

Re: The Green Brook 12/5/18:

Post by BiggerThomas » Mon Dec 10, 2018 12:11 pm

troutfishing4life wrote:
Mon Dec 10, 2018 10:53 am
Early season during the trout stocking I have a lot of fun catching trout on the fly in the upper section and throw them all back and the people look at you funny when you throw them.
People look at you funny when you throw the fish back? How hard are you throwing them, Mike? :lol: But I hear you; I get the same looks. It's not going to stop me from C & R, tho.
"Most anglers spend their lives in making rules for trout, and trout spend theirs in breaking them."

-From Letters to Young Fly-Fishers, (1926) Sir George Aston,

troutfishing4life

Post by troutfishing4life » Mon Dec 10, 2018 6:18 pm

People look at you funny when you throw the fish back? How hard are you throwing them, Mike? :lol: But I hear you; I get the same looks. It's not going to stop me from C & R, tho.
[/quote]

Threw them like a good fast ball ;) ;)

I will keep throwing them back no matter what

Rusty Spinner

Post by Rusty Spinner » Tue Dec 11, 2018 9:09 am

Great job on the cleanup. What many don't understand is how all that garbage got into the river in the first place. This is NOT people tossing trash into the river or very, very little of it is that. This is when your recycling can gets blown over by the wind and your plastics get blown into local storm drain sewers and find their way into the river that way. That and just tossing out garbage in places other than where it will be picked up and hauled off to a dump or recycling center. All of our garbage will be washed towards our oceans by rain events, and the further downstream in any watershed, the more accumulation you find.
"A sinking fly is closer to Hell" - Unknown

njcatchrelease

Post by njcatchrelease » Tue Dec 11, 2018 10:54 am

Awesome job as always. I really need to get out and help out with the next clean up!

Looking at those before photos makes me wonder how many pair of waders get torn up with all those sticks/branches and garbage?
Tight Lines

lightenup

Post by lightenup » Tue Dec 11, 2018 12:33 pm

Rusty Spinner wrote:
Tue Dec 11, 2018 9:09 am
Great job on the cleanup. What many don't understand is how all that garbage got into the river in the first place. This is NOT people tossing trash into the river or very, very little of it is that. This is when your recycling can gets blown over by the wind and your plastics get blown into local storm drain sewers and find their way into the river that way. That and just tossing out garbage in places other than where it will be picked up and hauled off to a dump or recycling center. All of our garbage will be washed towards our oceans by rain events, and the further downstream in any watershed, the more accumulation you find.
Rusty, take a drive up Sanatorium road in GG, people constantly throw their McD's bags out the window on to the road...I am sure they end up in SR. if I knew who they were I wouldn't sell them any at the Drive Thru!!!! ;)

BiggerThomas
Location: Whenever somebody's looking to be free...look in their eyes--you'll see me.

Post by BiggerThomas » Tue Dec 11, 2018 4:26 pm

lightenup wrote:
Tue Dec 11, 2018 12:33 pm
Rusty Spinner wrote:
Rusty, take a drive up Sanatorium road in GG, people constantly throw their McD's bags out the window on to the road...I am sure they end up in SR. if I knew who they were I wouldn't sell them any at the Drive Thru!!!! ;)
Ah yes...the ubiquitous Jersey Tumbleweed... :lol:
"Most anglers spend their lives in making rules for trout, and trout spend theirs in breaking them."

-From Letters to Young Fly-Fishers, (1926) Sir George Aston,

Rusty Spinner

Post by Rusty Spinner » Wed Dec 12, 2018 9:29 am

lightenup wrote:
Rusty Spinner wrote:
Maybe if you didn't burn the fries all of the time, less people would toss them out the window, bag and all. :D

coaltrout

Post by coaltrout » Wed Dec 12, 2018 11:34 am

Rusty Spinner wrote:
This is when your recycling can gets blown over by the wind and your plastics get blown into local storm drain sewers and find their way into the river that way.
I believe that's a major contributor too. The stuff we collect are mostly floatable.
Maybe that's because the floatable things are easier to be stuck in the river, be it on the floodplain land or stuck in a blowdown/pile of sticks.

We find a LOT of styrofoam too, and even in forms that are all shredded so their the size of peas, making it not only uncollectable by hand but also it just gets everywhere much easier.

lightenup

Post by lightenup » Wed Dec 12, 2018 12:13 pm

Rusty Spinner wrote:
Wed Dec 12, 2018 9:29 am
lightenup wrote:
Rusty Spinner wrote:
Maybe if you didn't burn the fries all of the time, less people would toss them out the window, bag and all. :D
You obviously know nothing about French Fries....stick to pointing at rivers pal!!!! :D

Rusty Spinner

Post by Rusty Spinner » Wed Dec 12, 2018 8:46 pm

lightenup wrote:
Wed Dec 12, 2018 12:13 pm
Rusty Spinner wrote:
Wed Dec 12, 2018 9:29 am
lightenup wrote:

You obviously know nothing about French Fries....stick to pointing at rivers pal!!!! :D
:lol: :lol: :lol: