Raritan river 3/9/19:

All about trout fishing in the great Garden State!
Troutman

Re: Raritan river 3/9/19:

Post by Troutman » Fri Mar 15, 2019 7:47 pm

BiggerThomas wrote:
Fri Mar 15, 2019 8:05 am
martalus wrote:
Fri Mar 15, 2019 5:15 am
Well I live in Hoboken.
It's not a river, but you can catch trout up at that lake in West New York by 85th street. Also, you can get some decent stripers in April/May off the Hoboken pier, not to mention some interesting conversations with the motley crew of fisherman there.
Just be careful of the Hoboken Monkey-Man:

FromWeird NJ

THE HOBOKEN MONKEY-MAN

Rumors had been circulating throughout the Hoboken school system during the month of October, 1982 about a mysterious ape-like creature that came to be known as the "Hoboken Monkey-Man."

This half-man, half-beast Monkey-Man was accused of terrorizing school hallways, attacking children walking home, throwing students out of windows and even killing a teacher.

The Hoboken police department, upset with the disturbing rumors that lasted over two weeks, set up a task force to inform the students as to the true facts (or non-facts) behind the scare. The Public Safety Council was called in to help quell the hysteria that pervaded throughout the community.
Missed all that. I moved to Hoboken in 2012 ;)
Was known as Troutman1

Troutman

Post by Troutman » Fri Mar 15, 2019 7:49 pm

robtf wrote:
Fri Mar 15, 2019 3:59 pm
yah you TU guys always ruin things... :geek:
:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:
Was known as Troutman1

Troutman

Post by Troutman » Fri Mar 15, 2019 7:53 pm

martalus wrote:
Fri Mar 15, 2019 10:24 am
I caught a few nice brook trout on the fly several years ago in that lake, but you need to watch your back cast with all the people on the jogging path-The best spot was in a little channel by the island.
Water structure changed. From what I understand now they trout hang out near discharge pipes at the other end of the island. They since dredged that place a few years ago. Trout stocking was suspended for a season irrc
Was known as Troutman1