Stream Conditions Today

All about trout fishing in the great Garden State!
cappy

Stream Conditions Today

Post by cappy » Fri Jun 14, 2019 9:01 am

Anyone pass the Musky, FB or SB this morning? Just wondering if they are up and chocolate, guessing they peaked by now. Was hoping to get out on the Musky tomorrow morning. If not looking good, will stick to wild head waters.
Until one has loved an animal a part of one's soul remains unawakened.
Anatole France

Rusty Spinner

Re: Stream Conditions Today

Post by Rusty Spinner » Fri Jun 14, 2019 10:23 am

cappy wrote:
Fri Jun 14, 2019 9:01 am
Anyone pass the Musky, FB or SB this morning? Just wondering if they are up and chocolate, guessing they peaked by now. Was hoping to get out on the Musky tomorrow morning. If not looking good, will stick to wild head waters.
I'm about to drive along the SBR all the way to Clinton for a meeting there in a few minutes, so will let you know. But that river only flashed to about 250 cfs which is nothing and is already back down to 158 cfs. Most of that heavy rain yesterday missed us here in the headwaters. The Musky remains fairly steady and also didn't flash, but it's still higher at 362 cfs. Both should be slightly off color, but only by one tippet size and clearing. Tomorrow should be worth anyone's time on the water as will later today. I'll be out myself either or both days.
"A sinking fly is closer to Hell" - Unknown

PortMurrayAng

Post by PortMurrayAng » Fri Jun 14, 2019 11:21 am

I fished Pt. Mnt. this morning - 5:15- 6. It was off, but fish were rising and chasing wooly buggers (black).

I was down at the lower end.

Usually I park closer to Penwell but the turn-off parking lot (the old homestead one) is blocked by a fallen tree from the other night.

Does anyone (Rusty) know who to call to get it removed? It is a good sized obstruction.

Rusty Spinner

Post by Rusty Spinner » Fri Jun 14, 2019 12:56 pm

PortMurrayAng wrote:
Fri Jun 14, 2019 11:21 am
I fished Pt. Mnt. this morning - 5:15- 6. It was off, but fish were rising and chasing wooly buggers (black).

I was down at the lower end.

Usually I park closer to Penwell but the turn-off parking lot (the old homestead one) is blocked by a fallen tree from the other night.

Does anyone (Rusty) know who to call to get it removed? It is a good sized obstruction.
I just called the Division's Lands Management supv. and she will get someone out to cut it out of the way. That's part of the WMA land, not Hunterdon Parks. Both make up the TCA.

Rusty Spinner

Post by Rusty Spinner » Fri Jun 14, 2019 12:57 pm

cappy wrote:
Fri Jun 14, 2019 9:01 am
The river looked exceptionally in good shape today. It is not off color or barely off color from downstream just above the Gorge at Hoffman's all the way up to River Road and Bartley Road intersection in Flanders by me.

cappy

Post by cappy » Fri Jun 14, 2019 3:09 pm

Thanks all for the updates.

How far back is the down tree, room to pull off and park, don't mind walking? That is where I was planning to go.
Until one has loved an animal a part of one's soul remains unawakened.
Anatole France

PortMurrayAng

Post by PortMurrayAng » Fri Jun 14, 2019 5:13 pm

It's been cut and you can get in. Not much was happening around 4.