bows

All about trout fishing in the great Garden State!
coaltrout

Re: bows

Post by coaltrout » Fri Feb 21, 2020 7:46 am

NJAngler wrote:
Fri Feb 21, 2020 7:24 am
I remember on the old forum how guys would get so defensive about fly vs spinner. It was like a guy using a spinner left a trail of dead fish floating down river. It was so over the top. They would sound like how the liberals talk about our President now. They take his words and spin them into something completely ridiculous. "President wants to build walls. So what happens when one of those wall falls down and injures or kills innocent Americans? Is this the sort of America we want where we have walls killing our citizens? This President is dangerous and must be stopped(fist pounding the podium). lmao.

You can post what you want but remember your audience. Some will like it. Some will not. Most won't care either way. In the end remember its just fishing which is way down on the list of things that anyone here should care about.

I'm Mike Bloomberg and I approved this message :lol:
LOL :mrgreen: but on the internet everything is taken seriously :mrgreen:

NJAngler

Post by NJAngler » Fri Feb 21, 2020 7:55 am

Try the online dating. sites. I get blocked for just saying happy hump day. :lol:

garden hackle

Post by garden hackle » Fri Feb 21, 2020 9:03 am

coaltrout wrote:
Thu Feb 20, 2020 9:19 pm
garden hackle wrote:
Thu Feb 20, 2020 8:49 pm
Fishing WTS is like cheating
by WTS I mean any stream with wild trout not just the ones the state lists in the digest under "WTS". not sure what's cheating about it tho.
Were you a long time njtrout and tristate trout member? The saying goes back to those times.

WTS streams, whether in the digest or not are usually smaller skinner streams where competition for food is high, trout are usually smaller because of the food source. Since food has such high competition, the trout are more aggressive (in my opinion) than your usually stocked or popular larger streams and rivers. More aggressive could mean more strikes and hookups. However, since these are skinnier waters it usually means greater risk of predation, so trout are very skittish and stealth is the key to hooking more trout. Therefore, for the stealthier angler, Fishing WTS is like cheating.

The use of word usually does not mean all, there are plenty of exceptions, so don’t go nuts on the use of the word!
Public Service Announcement: Sometimes KARMA is best served cold!

Once a box salesman, always a box salesman, and he still cannot think outside of the box!

coaltrout

Post by coaltrout » Fri Feb 21, 2020 9:30 am

garden hackle wrote:
Fri Feb 21, 2020 9:03 am
coaltrout wrote:
Thu Feb 20, 2020 9:19 pm
garden hackle wrote:
Thu Feb 20, 2020 8:49 pm
Fishing WTS is like cheating
by WTS I mean any stream with wild trout not just the ones the state lists in the digest under "WTS". not sure what's cheating about it tho.
Were you a long time njtrout and tristate trout member? The saying goes back to those times.

WTS streams, whether in the digest or not are usually smaller skinner streams where competition for food is high, trout are usually smaller because of the food source. Since food has such high competition, the trout are more aggressive (in my opinion) than your usually stocked or popular larger streams and rivers. More aggressive could mean more strikes and hookups. However, since these are skinnier waters it usually means greater risk of predation, so trout are very skittish and stealth is the key to hooking more trout. Therefore, for the stealthier angler, Fishing WTS is like cheating.

The use of word usually does not mean all, there are plenty of exceptions, so don’t go nuts on the use of the word!
ah I see, yes im new to the scene. cant say it's cheating for me cause my stealth skills are LOW :mrgreen:. These streams with hungrier but spookish fish help me improve that skill a lot.

BiggerThomas
Location: Whenever somebody's looking to be free...look in their eyes--you'll see me.

Post by BiggerThomas » Fri Feb 21, 2020 12:09 pm

Believe it or not--and those who know me will--when I fish certain wild streams, I approach the bank in an army crawl manner, for two reasons. One, the vibrations you make when you walk can scare trepidatious trout; distributing that shock load over four points instead of two mutes the strength & reach of the vibrations. And two, if the sun is behind you, your body won't cast a shadow over the trout since you're near ground level. Moving shadows freak trout out and then you've likely ruined that pool or run for a while.
"Most anglers spend their lives in making rules for trout, and trout spend theirs in breaking them."

-From Letters to Young Fly-Fishers, (1926) Sir George Aston,

garden hackle

Post by garden hackle » Fri Feb 21, 2020 5:46 pm

coaltrout wrote:
Fri Feb 21, 2020 9:30 am

ah I see, yes im new to the scene. cant say it's cheating for me cause my stealth skills are LOW :mrgreen:. These streams with hungrier but spookish fish help me improve that skill a lot.
Some of us are more stealthier than others. Me, not so much, but I do use natural screens like trees or crawl on my butt to move slowly to a likely pool. As many will tell you, one trout per pool is all you’re likely to catch as the activity puts the fish down.

And yes, I have seen Dr. Bigger crawl on all fours :shock: . He tells his wife it was for trout, but we all know he was at Hoots having a Miller beer.
Public Service Announcement: Sometimes KARMA is best served cold!

Once a box salesman, always a box salesman, and he still cannot think outside of the box!

coaltrout

Post by coaltrout » Fri Feb 21, 2020 6:36 pm

garden hackle wrote:
Fri Feb 21, 2020 5:46 pm
coaltrout wrote:
Fri Feb 21, 2020 9:30 am

Some of us are more stealthier than others. Me, not so much, but I do use natural screens like trees or crawl on my butt to move slowly to a likely pool. As many will tell you, one trout per pool is all you’re likely to catch as the activity puts the fish down.

And yes, I have seen Dr. Bigger crawl on all fours :shock: . He tells his wife it was for trout, but we all know he was at Hoots having a Miller beer.
:mrgreen: lol

Good techniques, ill keep in mind that they really do see well from where they sit. Ive noticed it before on steep banks and steep inclines walking down to the pool. Seems like height is the issue.

Troutman

Post by Troutman » Sat Feb 22, 2020 12:31 am

NJAngler wrote:
Fri Feb 21, 2020 7:24 am
I remember on the old forum how guys would get so defensive about fly vs spinner. It was like a guy using a spinner left a trail of dead fish floating down river. It was so over the top. They would sound like how the liberals talk about our President now. They take his words and spin them into something completely ridiculous. "President wants to build walls. So what happens when one of those wall falls down and injures or kills innocent Americans? Is this the sort of America we want where we have walls killing our citizens? This President is dangerous and must be stopped(fist pounding the podium). lmao.

You can post what you want but remember your audience. Some will like it. Some will not. Most won't care either way. In the end remember its just fishing which is way down on the list of things that anyone here should care about.

I'm Mike Bloomberg and I approved this message :lol:
Full fledged wild brown ;) . Can these guys figure out what wts I caught her in :lol: :lol:
Was known as Troutman1

coaltrout

Post by coaltrout » Sat Feb 22, 2020 7:38 am

Troutman wrote:
Sat Feb 22, 2020 12:31 am

Full fledged wild brown ;) . Can these guys figure out what wts I caught her in :lol: :lol:
more pics required for evidence ;)

Troutman

Post by Troutman » Sat Feb 22, 2020 8:08 pm

coaltrout wrote:
Sat Feb 22, 2020 7:38 am
Troutman wrote:

:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:
Was known as Troutman1

BiggerThomas
Location: Whenever somebody's looking to be free...look in their eyes--you'll see me.

Post by BiggerThomas » Mon Feb 24, 2020 7:57 am

Troutman wrote:
Sat Feb 22, 2020 8:08 pm
coaltrout wrote:
Troutman wrote:

Now that I think of it, that big bubble in the upper right hand corner looks a bit familiar... :lol:
"Most anglers spend their lives in making rules for trout, and trout spend theirs in breaking them."

-From Letters to Young Fly-Fishers, (1926) Sir George Aston,

Troutman

Post by Troutman » Mon Feb 24, 2020 9:55 am

BiggerThomas wrote:
Mon Feb 24, 2020 7:57 am
Troutman wrote:
Sat Feb 22, 2020 8:08 pm
coaltrout wrote:

Now that I think of it, that big bubble in the upper right hand corner looks a bit familiar... :lol:
Was known as Troutman1

Troutman

Post by Troutman » Mon Feb 24, 2020 4:52 pm

This is what fishing forums should be about. Some banter & l :lol: among C&R guys just enjoying the sport. Not as you spins guys kill & eat fish. Leave & throw garbage all over the place. & spin guys saying you guys have your nose up in the air about any other type of fishing methods. 1 method we have discussed was guys that hint fish with a bow & arrow. What do you guys think of that :?:
Was known as Troutman1

NJAngler

Post by NJAngler » Tue Feb 25, 2020 1:44 pm

Perfect pic. Leave the 'em guessing :lol:

Troutman

Post by Troutman » Tue Feb 25, 2020 5:08 pm

NJAngler wrote:
Tue Feb 25, 2020 1:44 pm
Perfect pic. Leave the 'em guessing :lol:
:lol: :lol: