Make the call:

All about trout fishing in the great Garden State!
BillSmith

Make the call:

Post by BillSmith » Tue Mar 17, 2020 7:52 pm

New Jersey Conservation Officers Association

On Sunday, February 9th, 2020, CPO Holmes received a call of illegal fishing in the Pequest Trout Conservation Area (TCA). The caller reported two individuals fishing with bait and at least one fish on a stringer. CPO Holmes conducted a foot patrol and found the two males fishing with bait. They claimed they had not yet caught anything, but CPO Holmes found a red stringer tied to a tree root, with six trout attached to it. CPO Hausamann arrived as CPO Holmes was walking the two men out to their vehicles and another fisherman exited the river that was using bait. It was later determined that he had come with the other two men and had hidden his fish in their vehicle. Summonses were issued for fishing without a license, possession of trout without a trout stamp, possession of undersized trout in a seasonal TCA, and possession of over the daily limit of trout in a seasonal TCA.

Troutman

Re: Make the call:

Post by Troutman » Tue Mar 17, 2020 9:26 pm

They needed to string those idiots on a stringer :!:
Was known as Troutman1

coaltrout

Post by coaltrout » Tue Mar 17, 2020 10:24 pm

lol. not hard to believe poachers picking special reg areas over open stretches.

crazy how poor of a decision that was, must have been real lazy to get caught like that.

Fishybig

Post by Fishybig » Wed Mar 18, 2020 9:06 am

More than likely they've gotten away with it before...being caught once waz probably a small price to pay for the offenders....who knows..glad they were caught

StinkyWetFly

Post by StinkyWetFly » Wed Mar 18, 2020 5:10 pm

Fishybig wrote:
Wed Mar 18, 2020 9:06 am
More than likely they've gotten away with it before...being caught once waz probably a small price to pay for the offenders....who knows..glad they were caught
I was there that day and saw it happen. I recognized the guys from the previous week.
Was it me who called? Maybe :o

Jaybird

Post by Jaybird » Wed Mar 18, 2020 6:43 pm

StinkyWetFly wrote:
Wed Mar 18, 2020 5:10 pm
Fishybig wrote:
I was there that day and saw it happen. I recognized the guys from the previous week.
If it was you Thanks.

Troutman

Post by Troutman » Wed Mar 18, 2020 7:41 pm

StinkyWetFly wrote:
Wed Mar 18, 2020 5:10 pm
Fishybig wrote:
I would have called if I seen them ;) . why should they be exempt from the rules......
Was known as Troutman1

Twism86

Post by Twism86 » Thu Mar 19, 2020 10:32 am

Did anyone confront them first? I would have a hard time not calling them on their BS and cutting their stringer.
"Stupidity is scary but genius can be frightening.
Genius built the atom bomb. Genius topples nations."