State parks to open 5/2/20

All about trout fishing in the great Garden State!
Troutman

Re: State parks to open 5/2/20

Post by Troutman » Thu Apr 30, 2020 9:06 pm

Drossi wrote:
Thu Apr 30, 2020 2:21 pm
Troutman wrote:
Thu Apr 30, 2020 1:08 pm
Id rather risk fishing in the remote woods without mask then to shop @ walmart with contamination suit & full face respirator on :lol:
Well you do eventually have to food shop among the masses. And the masses will be the one's out this weekend in full force in the parks hopefully but doubtfully social distancing.

Murphy should have waited a few more weeks but he capitulated to Godfather Cuomo and followed his lead in opening the parks and golf courses. I genuinely think they both were afraid of mass civil unrest if people couldn't go outside on the 1st really nice weekend we're supposed to have since the lockdown went into effect. I think they weighed the risks of deploying law enforcement to clear out crowds vs. taking the chance of virus spread.

I'm not going near a park anytime soon and am going to try to stay out of the grocery store after this weekend for a few weeks as well.

NJ Angler will be happy though, the state parks are open and it might cull a few more of us that are diabetic, asthmatic, fat, out of shape, cancer survivor, or generally genetic weakling. The kind of people he said reap what they sow.
Im real skittish right now about food shopping. I usually wait to the end of the day. after almost everyone clears out. Most of the time they start restocking before that hour anyway. You can really get some good stuff them. Im in & out with I need to hold myself over for a few weeks so I dont have to keep going.

There is only 1 state park area I like to fish in that the musky runs thru. I usually walk down the river away from people anyway to avoid the crowds even before this pandemic hit.

I dont care if this state opens everything up tomorrow. Im gonna wait this out before I start doing my usual things. & even then Im gonna take certain precautions. Im not letting any politicians decide when its safe for me just because he want to jump start the economy again. Putting $$$$ in front of peoples lives
Was known as Troutman1

Drossi

Post by Drossi » Fri May 01, 2020 8:49 am

garden hackle wrote:
Thu Apr 30, 2020 5:34 pm
Drossi wrote:
Thu Apr 30, 2020 3:55 pm
WTF is windmill cancer?
I have it on good authority, "the best authority, everyone says so", that windmill noise causes cancer. It is not Ancraophobia, also known as anemophobia, but rather my fondness of windmills that exposed me to its cancerous affects.
Everyone eventually gets cancer if you live long enough, I had a doctor tell me this. The hook is that you may get it early, you may get it at 100 but you don't know and there are also plenty of other things that can kill you before you get there.
You're NOT worthy
Purveyor of the dark art of the long rod
slingin' cane

cowboyfan

Post by cowboyfan » Fri May 01, 2020 1:06 pm

[attachment=0]DSCN2448.JPG
37 cars in lower Gorge parking lot
Attachments
DSCN2448.JPG
DSCN2448.JPG (2.75 MiB) Viewed 11046 times

BiggerThomas
Location: Whenever somebody's looking to be free...look in their eyes--you'll see me.

Post by BiggerThomas » Fri May 01, 2020 1:38 pm

cowboyfan wrote:
Fri May 01, 2020 1:06 pm
[attachment=0]DSCN2448.JPG
And at least one with NY plates...sure, they mock us when times are good; but then they happily "flock to the burbs" when NY gets even nastier than normal. We should have pulled a Rhode Island: https://www.nytimes.com/2020/03/28/us/c ... point.html
"Most anglers spend their lives in making rules for trout, and trout spend theirs in breaking them."

-From Letters to Young Fly-Fishers, (1926) Sir George Aston,

NJAngler

Post by NJAngler » Fri May 01, 2020 5:19 pm

NJ Angler will be happy though, the state parks are open and it might cull a few more of us that are diabetic, asthmatic, fat, out of shape, cancer survivor, or generally genetic weakling. The kind of people he said reap what they sow
I do have sympathy for those who are vulnerable through no fault of their own. But there are a lot of people who have lived their lives carelessly and may pay for it with their life. Too many cigarettes, beer, fast food and watching TV in their bed. Sometimes only the extreme gets peoples attention. I think they are paying attention now. Dump the cigs. Drink water. Eat an apple. Get off your butt and go for a walk. It may save your life.

NJAngler

Post by NJAngler » Fri May 01, 2020 5:21 pm

I really hate people. They are among the dumbest of earths creatures. I'm soooo glad I have about 150 streams to fish and not see a damn person all day.

Fishybig

Post by Fishybig » Fri May 01, 2020 6:42 pm

NJAngler wrote:
Fri May 01, 2020 5:19 pm
NJ Angler will be happy though, the state parks are open and it might cull a few more of us that are diabetic, asthmatic, fat, out of shape, cancer survivor, or generally genetic weakling. The kind of people he said reap what they sow
I do have sympathy for those who are vulnerable through no fault of their own. But there are a lot of people who have lived their lives carelessly and may pay for it with their life. Too many cigarettes, beer, fast food and watching TV in their bed. Sometimes only the extreme gets peoples attention. I think they are paying attention now. Dump the cigs. Drink water. Eat an apple. Get off your butt and go for a walk. It may save your life.
[Sebastian Shakespeare: David Hockney says smoking cigarettes could protect against coronavirus]
https://va.topbuzz.com/s/ZeRvpy

Troutman

Post by Troutman » Fri May 01, 2020 7:36 pm

these are some very interesting times. Got to be careful. The virus doe not discriminate. You can not tell who does & doent have it. follow cdc guidelines & common sense. We all will get thru this to live & enjoy another day ;)
Was known as Troutman1

CheeseburgerFly

Post by CheeseburgerFly » Sat May 02, 2020 6:58 am

I was putting my stuff away at my truck after fishing last week when some guy walks right up to me and says "do you mind if I ask you some questions about fly fishing?" I responded with "sure, as long as you move and stand 10 feet away." He looked at me like I had three heads. He then moved on to chatting closer than recommended with anybody who would entertain him. Some people just don't get it.

kennyp2339

Post by kennyp2339 » Sun May 03, 2020 6:32 am

Friday evening I decided to take a ride to my local creek (which was closed since its within the state park system) I just wanted to see what the water was doing, how high it was from the rain and whether it was cloudy / murky (since its a mud bottom in spots) Well upon arriving there was a truck parked on the shoulder and along the bank was a middle aged couple fishing away, oblivious that they were fishing in a closed creek.

MaCe1

Post by MaCe1 » Sun May 03, 2020 9:41 pm

i fished Hacklebarney yesterday. Was at the river by 730am, saw more fisherman in 10 minutes than I usually see in 10 trips. I did manage to catch fish, but way more crowded than I prefer. I think part of it is Dads that are usually doing sports and other things with kids now can fish because kids can't do anything organized.

Twism86

Post by Twism86 » Mon May 04, 2020 9:07 am

I spent the weekend in PA so I didnt get to see any parks in NJ. Ill keep going to my trailer in the woods until this is over.
"Stupidity is scary but genius can be frightening.
Genius built the atom bomb. Genius topples nations."