Fished a new stretch to me on the Ramapo River

All about trout fishing in the great Garden State!
Troutman

Fished a new stretch to me on the Ramapo River

Post by Troutman » Mon May 11, 2020 8:13 pm

The start of the trail. walked about 1/4 mile in
To get to this spot. I walked the river about a good mile downstream. Found some incredible spots that really produced about 35 fish today. Exploratory is a big part of enjoying fishing imo ;) . Besides I had to stay local incase work calls. Cant fish in the mountains everyday :lol: :lol:
To catch these babies here. Not a bad day worth of fishing.
Was known as Troutman1

BiggerThomas
Location: Whenever somebody's looking to be free...look in their eyes--you'll see me.

Re: Fished a new stretch to me on the Ramapo River

Post by BiggerThomas » Mon May 11, 2020 9:44 pm

That's a great looking rainbow. Really pretty. Nice job.
"Most anglers spend their lives in making rules for trout, and trout spend theirs in breaking them."

-From Letters to Young Fly-Fishers, (1926) Sir George Aston,

Troutman

Post by Troutman » Mon May 11, 2020 10:06 pm

BiggerThomas wrote:
Mon May 11, 2020 9:44 pm
That's a great looking rainbow. Really pretty. Nice job.
thank you sir....... :D
Was known as Troutman1

Vance

Post by Vance » Tue May 12, 2020 7:21 am

Hey Troutman, I know where you were fishing. I started fishing that area back in 1954 when I got my drivers license that is a great area to fish. Walk through the woods an fish down to the bridge. This is the time to fish a Grayfox in the evening. About four years go I had that whole area to my self no car in the small parking wood chips lot or by the bridge. About 7:00 PM they started to hatch and the trout were on them. If I caught one I had to catch at least 15 to 17 in two hours of fishing. This was the second week in May. Bill the mailman

Troutman

Post by Troutman » Tue May 12, 2020 8:26 am

Vance wrote:
Tue May 12, 2020 7:21 am
Hey Troutman, I know where you were fishing. I started fishing that area back in 1954 when I got my drivers license that is a great area to fish. Walk through the woods an fish down to the bridge. This is the time to fish a Grayfox in the evening. About four years go I had that whole area to my self no car in the small parking wood chips lot or by the bridge. About 7:00 PM they started to hatch and the trout were on them. If I caught one I had to catch at least 15 to 17 in two hours of fishing. This was the second week in May. Bill the mailman
Yes. This be the spot your talking about. Ive always fished the 1st bridge with the small parking lot. Its now closed. you have to park in the new 1 that was made for hikers & such. Holds more vehicle but can get muddy from rain. I used to wade maybe 200 feet or so from either direction to fish. Well yesterday I decided to walk to the other bridge wading. The place was on fire after :D I left the bridge huggers . Its amazing a place that I fished since the 70's has turned into a new adventure ;) .
Was known as Troutman1