Barbless Regulations and Their Pointlessness

All about trout fishing in the great Garden State!
lightenup

Re: Barbless Regulations and Their Pointlessness

Post by lightenup » Wed May 27, 2020 9:17 am

Twism86 wrote: ↑
Tue May 26, 2020 10:09 am
lightenup wrote: ↑
Tue May 26, 2020 10:03 am
Gotta be uncomfortable...a barb hook coming outta yer ass...yowzee. I have had kidney stones, but this, I cant imagine.. Can I change my screen name to barbless only?πŸ˜³πŸ˜‰
Uncomfortable for sure, but, survivable. Also you cannot change a screen name once its created..... but I can :lol: However, I might not be so kind :twisted:
That wouldn't be very nice :shock:

Twism86

Post by Twism86 » Wed May 27, 2020 11:25 am

Wed May 27, 2020 9:17 am
Tue May 26, 2020 10:03 am
Gotta be uncomfortable...a barb hook coming outta yer ass...yowzee. I have had kidney stones, but this, I cant imagine.. Can I change my screen name to barbless only?πŸ˜³πŸ˜‰
Uncomfortable for sure, but, survivable. Also you cannot change a screen name once its created..... but I can :lol: However, I might not be so kind :twisted:
Just kidding around!
"Stupidity is scary but genius can be frightening.
Genius built the atom bomb. Genius topples nations."

lightenup

Post by lightenup » Wed May 27, 2020 3:21 pm

Wed May 27, 2020 11:25 am
Wed May 27, 2020 9:17 am

Just kidding around!
I thought so, you seem reasonable, except for the barbs :) ;)

Pete

Post by Pete » Thu May 28, 2020 10:00 am

IMHO: They can't legislate virtue.
Hook control is as useless as gun control.
Good people will act responsibly, and bad people will find a way to do damage.

It might make gullible people feel better, and vote for pandering politicians, but it won't make any real difference.

SBR Guy

Post by SBR Guy » Thu May 28, 2020 10:42 am

finally reregistered for the forum and fish the klg a lot based on being so close. the day i see a game warden there i will let you know. they would have to find a place to park there first! im not concerned about people following the barbless rules as much as i am about the worm containers i still find everywhere

Twism86

Post by Twism86 » Thu May 28, 2020 1:20 pm

SBR Guy wrote: ↑
Thu May 28, 2020 10:42 am
finally reregistered for the forum and fish the klg a lot based on being so close. the day i see a game warden there i will let you know. they would have to find a place to park there first! im not concerned about people following the barbless rules as much as i am about the worm containers i still find everywhere
I feel like I have met you there before.... Anyways, as the articles said, bait fishing is the worst for trout mortality (and probably all fish in general). I dont know how any gets away with bait or having bait containers out in the KLG. With so many other anglers does no one speak up and tell them the regs and that they either need to put the bait away or pick up and move along?

SBR Guy

Post by SBR Guy » Thu May 28, 2020 2:34 pm

Thu May 28, 2020 1:20 pm
I feel like I have met you there before.... Anyways, as the articles said, bait fishing is the worst for trout mortality (and probably all fish in general). I dont know how any gets away with bait or having bait containers out in the KLG. With so many other anglers does no one speak up and tell them the regs and that they either need to put the bait away or pick up and move along?
you have have met me, many have, i talk with few....

BiggerThomas
Location: Whenever somebody's looking to be free...look in their eyes--you'll see me.

Post by BiggerThomas » Thu May 28, 2020 6:58 pm

Thu May 28, 2020 2:34 pm
This guy sounds like Jesus :D

But I think I've met you before as well...perhaps on the Pequest.
"Most anglers spend their lives in making rules for trout, and trout spend theirs in breaking them."

-From Letters to Young Fly-Fishers, (1926) Sir George Aston,

SBR Guy

Post by SBR Guy » Thu May 28, 2020 8:39 pm

BiggerThomas wrote: ↑
Thu May 28, 2020 6:58 pm

nah man, don’t look at me for enlightenment. the fog I come walking out of is just my cigar. i make it to the quest from time to time when the weather is cold

lightenup

Post by lightenup » Fri May 29, 2020 10:10 am

They dont park. They drive slowly and check licenses from the road. Haven't seen one this year but last year I got checked 3 times...

Rusty Spinner

Post by Rusty Spinner » Fri May 29, 2020 10:22 am

Fri May 29, 2020 10:10 am
They dont park. They drive slowly and check licenses from the road. Haven't seen one this year but last year I got checked 3 times...
Exactly. Most anglers and hunters have no idea when their licenses were last checked because our COs use binoculars to watch from afar. If they approach you, it's either because you aren't displaying your license or they are watching you do something illegally.
"A sinking fly is closer to Hell" - Unknown

lightenup

Post by lightenup » Fri May 29, 2020 10:30 am

Rusty Spinner wrote: ↑
Fri May 29, 2020 10:22 am
Exactly. Most anglers and hunters have no idea when their licenses were last checked because our COs use binoculars to watch from afar. If they approach you, it's either because you aren't displaying your license or they are watching you do something illegally.
I keep mine in my hip pack. I've lost too many displaying them. But this guy checked everyone up and down the river from his truck. He opened the gates and drove the entire gorge stopping for everyone...making them come out of the water. Nice guy, kind of a pain in the ass. ;)

Twism86

Post by Twism86 » Fri May 29, 2020 10:36 am

Fri May 29, 2020 10:30 am

I keep mine in my hip pack. I've lost too many displaying them. But this guy checked everyone up and down the river from his truck. He opened the gates and drove the entire gorge stopping for everyone...making them come out of the water. Nice guy, kind of a pain in the ass. ;)
I never display my license, it stays in my wallet. I have never been asked to show a CO my license. I also dont fish areas where they tend to frequent.

lightenup

Post by lightenup » Fri May 29, 2020 10:59 am

Fri May 29, 2020 10:36 am

I never display my license, it stays in my wallet. I have never been asked to show a CO my license. I also dont fish areas where they tend to frequent.
Wish I had time to travel more...the gorge is 5 minutes away. I also fish a couple local WTS..but I rarely get a chance to fish more than 2 hours.

BiggerThomas
Location: Whenever somebody's looking to be free...look in their eyes--you'll see me.

Post by BiggerThomas » Fri May 29, 2020 11:35 am

Ditto, I carry mine in a dry-lock pocket inside my waders & have never been asked for it either.
"Most anglers spend their lives in making rules for trout, and trout spend theirs in breaking them."

-From Letters to Young Fly-Fishers, (1926) Sir George Aston,

Rusty Spinner

Post by Rusty Spinner » Fri May 29, 2020 3:21 pm

I prefer to display mine even in states like NY that don't require it just so I'm not asked to stop fishing and walk out to the CO when a big, wild brown is feeding on top :D
"A sinking fly is closer to Hell" - Unknown

lightenup

Post by lightenup » Fri May 29, 2020 3:43 pm

Thu May 28, 2020 8:39 pm
BiggerThomas wrote: ↑
Thu May 28, 2020 6:58 pm

nah man, don’t look at me for enlightenment. the fog I come walking out of is just my cigar. i make it to the quest from time to time when the weather is cold
Were you the guy callong the GRAY drakes Isonychia? ;)

Fishybig

Post by Fishybig » Fri May 29, 2020 5:27 pm

Same here!! all states that I carry are ALWAYS in my wallet