Water Access Points Map

All about trout fishing in the great Garden State!
x3la

Water Access Points Map

Post by x3la » Fri Jul 10, 2020 11:55 am

I spent some time researching the list of public access points provided by NJ Division of Fish and Wildlife:

https://www.state.nj.us/dep/fgw/accesswater.htm

I've added the majority of them (192 so far) to a Google map. Where a location was unclear I've either omitted the access point or used satellite views to try and find the closest approximation and left a comment on the marker.

Hopefully this is of use to others. Please feel free to share.

https://goo.gl/maps/aYmqNiUdEB2KA8WM9

njcatchrelease

Re: Water Access Points Map

Post by njcatchrelease » Fri Jul 10, 2020 11:59 am

Very nice, thanks for sharing
Tight Lines

Troutman

Post by Troutman » Fri Jul 10, 2020 12:25 pm

niceeeee. thanks for sharing :D
Was known as Troutman1

MickyFinn

Post by MickyFinn » Fri Jul 10, 2020 3:15 pm

It turns out I was looking for your #64 just yesterday--but failed to locate it based on the sketchy directions given by the Fish and Wildlife listing. Your map takes the guess-work out of locating it. Great--and thanks!

coaltrout

Post by coaltrout » Fri Jul 10, 2020 3:21 pm

Nice! Most of these I had already pinpointed on my map :D mine is a complete mess though, a giant blob of pinpoints.

Id wish the site already had this. The spots they list are generally the most obvious spots to begin with, but a few of them actually arent fished often and less well known despite being listed online.

I made a similar access point map, for all the fragile brookie streams that you can find here

MickyFinn

Post by MickyFinn » Fri Jul 10, 2020 3:33 pm

Oh, boy, here we go, picking apart your admirable effort...but I have to inform you that your #62 does not match the described location. (There actually IS a F&G signed access point with dirt parking lot just across the river bridge (North Side) from where you have #62 now (on Valley Rd./Shurts Rd.)...but, oddly, that location is NOT given on the F&G list of Musconetcong access points.

x3la

Post by x3la » Fri Jul 10, 2020 3:43 pm

MickyFinn wrote:
Fri Jul 10, 2020 3:33 pm
Oh, boy, here we go, picking apart your admirable effort...but I have to inform you that your #62 does not match the described location. (There actually IS a F&G signed access point with dirt parking lot just across the river bridge (North Side) from where you have #62 now (on Valley Rd./Shurts Rd.)...but, oddly, that location is NOT given on the F&G list of Musconetcong access points.
Moved. Feel free to let me have any corrections so that I can improve the accuracy. There are bound to be more!

Drossi

Post by Drossi » Fri Jul 10, 2020 4:55 pm

Cool. Thanks!
You're NOT worthy
Purveyor of the dark art of the long rod
slingin' cane

BiggerThomas
Location: Whenever somebody's looking to be free...look in their eyes--you'll see me.

Post by BiggerThomas » Fri Jul 10, 2020 5:12 pm

Yes, thanks! ps does Putin know #119 has been made public? :?
"Most anglers spend their lives in making rules for trout, and trout spend theirs in breaking them."

-From Letters to Young Fly-Fishers, (1926) Sir George Aston,

cappy

Post by cappy » Fri Jul 10, 2020 8:24 pm

Wow, well done and thank you for sharing. Don't believe I would have the patience to do that.
Until one has loved an animal a part of one's soul remains unawakened.
Anatole France

PortMurrayAng

Post by PortMurrayAng » Sat Jul 11, 2020 5:50 am

Wow! Thanks for this!

BiggerThomas
Location: Whenever somebody's looking to be free...look in their eyes--you'll see me.

Post by BiggerThomas » Sat Jul 11, 2020 10:32 am

coaltrout wrote:
Fri Jul 10, 2020 3:21 pm
Nice! Most of these I had already pinpointed on my map :D mine is a complete mess though, a giant blob of pinpoints.

Id wish the site already had this. The spots they list are generally the most obvious spots to begin with, but a few of them actually arent fished often and less well known despite being listed online.

I made a similar access point map, for all the fragile brookie streams that you can find here
:lol: :lol: :lol: Good old Rick
"Most anglers spend their lives in making rules for trout, and trout spend theirs in breaking them."

Rusty Spinner

Post by Rusty Spinner » Sat Jul 11, 2020 11:01 am

x3la wrote:
Fri Jul 10, 2020 3:43 pm
MickyFinn wrote:
Moved. Feel free to let me have any corrections so that I can improve the accuracy. There are bound to be more!
I notice you used words like "parking lot" for some sites that are just a dirt lane that the stocking crew maintains just so we can drive down to the river in places to help the state stock. And without that effort this year, those spots may not be accessible or only for a 4 wheel drive. The Musky Christmas Tree Farm site is one that jumped out of several.
"A sinking fly is closer to Hell" - Unknown

x3la

Post by x3la » Sat Jul 11, 2020 11:16 am

Rusty Spinner wrote:
Sat Jul 11, 2020 11:01 am
x3la wrote:
MickyFinn wrote:
I notice you used words like "parking lot" for some sites that are just a dirt lane that the stocking crew maintains just so we can drive down to the river in places to help the state stock. And without that effort this year, those spots may not be accessible or only for a 4 wheel drive. The Musky Christmas Tree Farm site is one that jumped out of several.
None of the words are mine.

All of the information is freely available on the NJ Division of Fish and Wildlife website "to assist in locating public access to water stocked with trout".

BiggerThomas

Post by BiggerThomas » Sat Jul 11, 2020 2:02 pm

x3la wrote:
Sat Jul 11, 2020 11:16 am
Rusty Spinner wrote:
Sat Jul 11, 2020 11:01 am
x3la wrote:

None of the words are mine.

All of the information is freely available on the NJ Division of Fish and Wildlife website "to assist in locating public access to water stocked with trout".

:lol:

Under the rocks are the words, and some of the words are theirs.

I am haunted by waters.

lightenup

Post by lightenup » Sat Jul 11, 2020 2:04 pm

Someone has waaaay too much time on their hands.... :D ;) :D :D :D :lol:

optowalt

Post by optowalt » Tue Jul 14, 2020 8:52 pm

WOW this is cool. Must have taken a lot of time. Thanks for sharing.