Spent a few days in Deposit NY fishing the upper west branch delaware

Trout fishing outside of NJ
Troutman

Spent a few days in Deposit NY fishing the upper west branch delaware

Post by Troutman » Tue Aug 04, 2020 4:21 pm

Since NJ water temperatures has been to hot to safety C&R trout😥. Ive been making day trips up to NY State to fish the West Branch Upper Delaware👍. Well last week I decided to stay a few days❤. Things you have to do to get to spots like negotiate this jungle 🤣😂. Been catching a load of 22 inch wild browns. Fished a few nite outing with great results. Fly & spin fished. Even thru some mouse flies out @ nite.
Was known as Troutman1

Rusty Spinner

Re: Spent a few days in Deposit NY fishing the upper west branch delaware

Post by Rusty Spinner » Wed Aug 05, 2020 1:22 pm

My favorite river, but I only fished it two days this year, a new personal low. I think I put in 15 days last year. It was a combination of locals initially asking out of towners not to come up and later, way too many out of towners overrunning the river. Looks like you have landed some nice ones.
"A sinking fly is closer to Hell" - Unknown

Troutman

Post by Troutman » Wed Aug 05, 2020 9:07 pm

Rusty Spinner wrote:
Wed Aug 05, 2020 1:22 pm
My favorite river, but I only fished it two days this year, a new personal low. I think I put in 15 days last year. It was a combination of locals initially asking out of towners not to come up and later, way too many out of towners overrunning the river. Looks like you have landed some nice ones.
I started late this season for the same reason. I didnt know for sure if they would frown on outsiders coming in. But the local business people seemed happy I & other's was there spending $$$$.
The fish was a blast this year. The am bite was very productive this trip. The nite bite was okay. I left on tuesday am when the rain came. They told me that the river was going to be blown out for a week. But I dont think so. It looked okay when I left ;)
Was known as Troutman1

BiggerThomas
Location: Whenever somebody's looking to be free...look in their eyes--you'll see me.

Post by BiggerThomas » Sat Aug 08, 2020 2:13 pm

Troutman wrote:
Wed Aug 05, 2020 9:07 pm
Rusty Spinner wrote:
I started late this season for the same reason. I didnt know for sure if they would frown on outsiders coming in. But the local business people seemed happy I & other's was there spending $$$$.
The fish was a blast this year. The am bite was very productive this trip. The nite bite was okay. I left on tuesday am when the rain came. They told me that the river was going to be blown out for a week. But I dont think so. It looked okay when I left ;)
Yep.
And nice fish. I even like the color of your net!
"Most anglers spend their lives in making rules for trout, and trout spend theirs in breaking them."

-From Letters to Young Fly-Fishers, (1926) Sir George Aston,

Troutman

Post by Troutman » Sat Aug 08, 2020 5:41 pm

BiggerThomas wrote:
Sat Aug 08, 2020 2:13 pm
Troutman wrote:
Wed Aug 05, 2020 9:07 pm
Rusty Spinner wrote:
Yep.
And nice fish. I even like the color of your net!
Thanks man... That is a cheap e bay net. Im really happy with the performance of it so far. It hasnt ripped or fallen apart :o :lol: :lol: . Im not feelin the color of the rim. But oh well :lol: :lol:
Was known as Troutman1