Montana brown

Trout fishing outside of NJ
46er

Montana brown

Post by 46er » Fri Mar 05, 2021 7:41 pm

aka; Ralph

The irony of the Human condition is that we are so focused on reaching some point in our journey, some happiness, or some goal, that we seem to forget that the journey itself is where life happens.

BiggerThomas
Location: Whenever somebody's looking to be free...look in their eyes--you'll see me.

Re: Montana brown

Post by BiggerThomas » Fri Mar 05, 2021 8:18 pm

That thing is ridiculous. But I am surprised it weighs only 32 lbs.
"Most anglers spend their lives in making rules for trout, and trout spend theirs in breaking them."

-From Letters to Young Fly-Fishers, (1926) Sir George Aston,

46er

Post by 46er » Sat Mar 06, 2021 7:45 am

He is kneeling and has his arms stretched out, but still, and from a river.

https://www.bigskyfishing.com/River-Fis ... -river.php
aka; Ralph

The irony of the Human condition is that we are so focused on reaching some point in our journey, some happiness, or some goal, that we seem to forget that the journey itself is where life happens.

lightenup

Post by lightenup » Sat Mar 06, 2021 8:55 pm

I'm not familiar with the area, but is it a possibility that the fish swam up from a lake into the river? Perhaps that means it could have been stocked large and grown larger. That fish looks like it feed off pellets and fish shit. Like the giants in New Zealand that sit down stream from the salmon farms and gorge...BIG trout BIG and fat...I mean a 30 pound river trout is almost unbelievable...Maybe in the Missouri being that it is so big as well? Someone educate me please.

46er

Post by 46er » Sun Mar 07, 2021 7:21 am

The river has a dam that forms a huge reservoir. It is pretty a pretty big river and most is remote.
aka; Ralph

lightenup

Post by lightenup » Sun Mar 07, 2021 8:44 pm

I looked at a map and that came from down by where it runs into the Missouri....

Rusty Spinner

Post by Rusty Spinner » Mon Mar 08, 2021 9:35 am

lightenup wrote:
Sat Mar 06, 2021 8:55 pm
I'm not familiar with the area, but is it a possibility that the fish swam up from a lake into the river? Perhaps that means it could have been stocked large and grown larger. That fish looks like it feed off pellets and fish shit. Like the giants in New Zealand that sit down stream from the salmon farms and gorge...BIG trout BIG and fat...I mean a 30 pound river trout is almost unbelievable...Maybe in the Missouri being that it is so big as well? Someone educate me please.
Montana fisheries biologists believe it is a wild fish if that helps.
"A sinking fly is closer to Hell" - Unknown

lightenup

Post by lightenup » Tue Mar 09, 2021 2:21 pm

Rusty Spinner wrote:
Mon Mar 08, 2021 9:35 am
lightenup wrote:
Sat Mar 06, 2021 8:55 pm
Montana fisheries biologists believe it is a wild fish if that helps.
If that is the case, it probably grew huge in the Missouri and swam up to die, that thing must be old and weary... ;)