Brook trout sampling

Discuss Trout Unlimited projects, meetings or other environmental and cold water issues here!
46er

Brook trout sampling

Post by 46er » Fri Aug 10, 2018 7:43 am

aka; Ralph

The irony of the Human condition is that we are so focused on reaching some point in our journey, some happiness, or some goal, that we seem to forget that the journey itself is where life happens.

Rusty Spinner

Re: Brook trout sampling

Post by Rusty Spinner » Wed Aug 15, 2018 3:44 pm

I was going to be participating in that electro fishing until we had to move it due to rain the prior week. I was away last week in WV and had to miss it, but great to see the Andersonville trib that flows into the Musky get documented as a TP stream with only brook trout present even if not in great numbers. I had been telling the Division for about 10 years now that it has native brookies and that I've never seen browns in it, and it was great to see I was correct all those years. Our Central Jersey TU chapter is doing some cleanup on that stream and possibly some riparian buffer plantings where it was once farmed nearly to its banks. The new farmer (Donaldson Farms in Hackettstown) is much better to that land than the previous farmer was! That was part of the reason it was electro fished this time.
"A sinking fly is closer to Hell" - Unknown

Twism86

Post by Twism86 » Fri Aug 17, 2018 3:48 pm

Rusty Spinner wrote:
Wed Aug 15, 2018 3:44 pm
I was going to be participating in that electro fishing until we had to move it due to rain the prior week. I was away last week in WV and had to miss it, but great to see the Andersonville trib that flows into the Musky get documented as a TP stream with only brook trout present even if not in great numbers. I had been telling the Division for about 10 years now that it has native brookies and that I've never seen browns in it, and it was great to see I was correct all those years. Our Central Jersey TU chapter is doing some cleanup on that stream and possibly some riparian buffer plantings where it was once farmed nearly to its banks. The new farmer (Donaldson Farms in Hackettstown) is much better to that land than the previous farmer was! That was part of the reason it was electro fished this time.
You could have been famous!!!!
"Stupidity is scary but genius can be frightening.
Genius built the atom bomb. Genius topples nations."

Rusty Spinner

Post by Rusty Spinner » Sat Aug 18, 2018 5:17 pm

Twism86 wrote:
Fri Aug 17, 2018 3:48 pm
Rusty Spinner wrote:
Wed Aug 15, 2018 3:44 pm
You could have been famous!!!!
I think you mean infamous :lol:

Good to see you this morning. Cool property, but that's a lot of work for your buddy!
"A sinking fly is closer to Hell" - Unknown