5 major N.J. rivers among 749 miles of waterway given strict new protections by state

All about trout fishing in the great Garden State!
Post Reply

User avatar
coaltrout
Posts: 54
Joined: Fri Oct 12, 2018 2:47 pm

Re: 5 major N.J. rivers among 749 miles of waterway given strict new protections by state

Post by coaltrout » Mon Mar 04, 2019 11:23 pm

Only a proposal so far, ill be supporting this by sending electronic response which is on the bottom of that page.

User avatar
lightenup
Posts: 177
Joined: Thu Apr 19, 2018 12:35 pm

Re: 5 major N.J. rivers among 749 miles of waterway given strict new protections by state

Post by lightenup » Tue Mar 05, 2019 12:45 pm

This sounds great...is there any hidden legislation in the bill? I also read the comment section of the article and some people make some good points, such as, will the state be breaking it's own standards with all the brine and salt they spread...

User avatar
Rusty Spinner
Posts: 293
Joined: Wed Apr 18, 2018 6:35 pm
Location: Flanders, NJ
Contact:

Re: 5 major N.J. rivers among 749 miles of waterway given strict new protections by state

Post by Rusty Spinner » Tue Mar 05, 2019 1:38 pm

lightenup wrote:
Tue Mar 05, 2019 12:45 pm
This sounds great...is there any hidden legislation in the bill? I also read the comment section of the article and some people make some good points, such as, will the state be breaking it's own standards with all the brine and salt they spread...
Not that I am aware. The Christie administration was not quick to add miles, but the new administration looks ready to approve what our Division of Fish & Wildlife biologists tell them about what the water quality ratings should be based on sampling. As more and more streams and sections of streams are sampled by Division biologists and staff, the more recommended changes (both up and down) there will be. That has always been the idea. This is the most recent list of recommendations being voted on and likely will be approved with little dissension.

Some things like maintaining or improving water quality out of permitted sewer treatment plant discharges in NY state that so negatively impact rivers like the Ramapo will be impossible to change. But there are other discharges in NJ into that river as well.
"A sinking fly is closer to Hell" - Unknown

BillSmith
Posts: 88
Joined: Sun Jul 15, 2018 3:32 pm

Re: 5 major N.J. rivers among 749 miles of waterway given strict new protections by state

Post by BillSmith » Wed Mar 06, 2019 6:36 pm

Meanwhile on the Green Brook.
Attachments
IMG_1185.JPG
IMG_1185.JPG (160.04 KiB) Viewed 337 times
IMG_1181.JPG
IMG_1181.JPG (178.09 KiB) Viewed 337 times
IMG_1190.JPG
IMG_1190.JPG (182.5 KiB) Viewed 337 times

User avatar
BiggerThomas
Posts: 84
Joined: Wed Apr 18, 2018 1:44 pm

Re: 5 major N.J. rivers among 749 miles of waterway given strict new protections by state

Post by BiggerThomas » Thu Mar 07, 2019 7:55 am

Bill, where exactly on the Greenbrook is that last picture? I've been shopping for a new basketball. :lol:

Jaybird
Posts: 60
Joined: Thu Apr 19, 2018 10:23 am

Re: 5 major N.J. rivers among 749 miles of waterway given strict new protections by state

Post by Jaybird » Thu Mar 07, 2019 8:03 am

I don't know how that movie won a Oscar , seems to me that all that plastic isn't historically accurate in the the 1960's southern United States .

User avatar
Rusty Spinner
Posts: 293
Joined: Wed Apr 18, 2018 6:35 pm
Location: Flanders, NJ
Contact:

Re: 5 major N.J. rivers among 749 miles of waterway given strict new protections by state

Post by Rusty Spinner » Thu Mar 07, 2019 9:19 am

BillSmith wrote:
Wed Mar 06, 2019 6:36 pm
Meanwhile on the Green Brook.
The result of outdated stormwater collection systems....and aging infrastructure.
"A sinking fly is closer to Hell" - Unknown

User avatar
Drossi
Posts: 76
Joined: Thu Apr 19, 2018 1:05 pm

Re: 5 major N.J. rivers among 749 miles of waterway given strict new protections by state

Post by Drossi » Thu Mar 07, 2019 1:13 pm

Rusty Spinner wrote:
Thu Mar 07, 2019 9:19 am
BillSmith wrote:
Wed Mar 06, 2019 6:36 pm
Meanwhile on the Green Brook.
The result of outdated stormwater collection systems....and aging infrastructure.
And slovenly people who don't give two shits about where their waste goes....
You're NOT worthy
Purveyor of the dark art of the long rod
slingin' cane

User avatar
BiggerThomas
Posts: 84
Joined: Wed Apr 18, 2018 1:44 pm

Re: 5 major N.J. rivers among 749 miles of waterway given strict new protections by state

Post by BiggerThomas » Thu Mar 07, 2019 2:34 pm

Drossi wrote:
Thu Mar 07, 2019 1:13 pm
Rusty Spinner wrote:
Thu Mar 07, 2019 9:19 am
BillSmith wrote:
Wed Mar 06, 2019 6:36 pm
Meanwhile on the Green Brook.
The result of outdated stormwater collection systems....and aging infrastructure.
And slovenly people who don't give two shits about where their waste goes....
My man Rusty is the King of Euphemism :D

Post Reply