Ok I jinxed it the weather is gross

All about trout fishing in the great Garden State!
Post Reply
Jaybird
Posts: 91
Joined: Thu Apr 19, 2018 10:23 am

Ok I jinxed it the weather is gross

Post by Jaybird » Thu Sep 12, 2019 10:05 am

The weather is gross , the streams are probably at theyer lowest point of the year , but all in all I think the NJ trout streams made it through the summer ok , not as good as last year but ok .

joe_panella
Posts: 45
Joined: Wed Apr 18, 2018 3:08 pm

Re: Ok I jinxed it the weather is gross

Post by joe_panella » Thu Sep 12, 2019 9:27 pm

As long as we get some fall rain they should be fine.

User avatar
Rusty Spinner
Posts: 443
Joined: Wed Apr 18, 2018 6:35 pm
Location: Flanders, NJ
Contact:

Re: Ok I jinxed it the weather is gross

Post by Rusty Spinner » Fri Sep 13, 2019 8:52 am

I got lucky because all of our stream restoration work and dam removal work is falling to August - November, and so far flows are nice and low which is important to our work. But it sure has been very dry for a long time. Flows remain above average at least, and that's due to a year and a half of heavy rains. Electro fishing results are showing that we have had two very good spawning years the last two years, so let's hope we have a 3rd straight. After all, we had 7 lousy years, and wild trout numbers plunged for a time.
"A sinking fly is closer to Hell" - Unknown

Razorbacker
Posts: 74
Joined: Thu Apr 19, 2018 6:42 pm

Re: Ok I jinxed it the weather is gross

Post by Razorbacker » Fri Sep 20, 2019 6:15 pm

I can't believe how low the Black?Lamington and the SBRR and my little WTS have gotten the past month. I had really thought all the rain we had the past year would have given the aquifers a charge to handle a dry end of summer.

User avatar
lightenup
Posts: 229
Joined: Thu Apr 19, 2018 12:35 pm

Re: Ok I jinxed it the weather is gross

Post by lightenup » Sat Sep 21, 2019 2:15 pm

Razorbacker wrote:
Fri Sep 20, 2019 6:15 pm
I can't believe how low the Black?Lamington and the SBRR and my little WTS have gotten the past month. I had really thought all the rain we had the past year would have given the aquifers a charge to handle a dry end of summer.
Right? I thought the same...too bad for us, and this last week of bone dry weather hasn't helped.

User avatar
coaltrout
Posts: 69
Joined: Fri Oct 12, 2018 2:47 pm

Re: Ok I jinxed it the weather is gross

Post by coaltrout » Wed Sep 25, 2019 12:45 pm

Are we nearing drought conditions? Kind of stinks. Makes you wish for a hurricane to pass through :mrgreen: ...maybe just the remnants of one

User avatar
lightenup
Posts: 229
Joined: Thu Apr 19, 2018 12:35 pm

Re: Ok I jinxed it the weather is gross

Post by lightenup » Wed Sep 25, 2019 4:06 pm

Jaybird wrote:
Thu Sep 12, 2019 10:05 am
The weather is gross , the streams are probably at theyer lowest point of the year , but all in all I think the NJ trout streams made it through the summer ok , not as good as last year but ok .
Now we are expecting 95 degee weather next week..Thanks Jay!! :lol: ;)

Jaybird
Posts: 91
Joined: Thu Apr 19, 2018 10:23 am

Re: Ok I jinxed it the weather is gross

Post by Jaybird » Wed Sep 25, 2019 10:44 pm

lightenup wrote:
Wed Sep 25, 2019 4:06 pm
Jaybird wrote:
Thu Sep 12, 2019 10:05 am
The weather is gross , the streams are probably at theyer lowest point of the year , but all in all I think the NJ trout streams made it through the summer ok , not as good as last year but ok .
Now we are expecting 95 degee weather next week..Thanks Jay!! :lol: ;)
Won't be 95° F where I'll be next week ....🥶

User avatar
lightenup
Posts: 229
Joined: Thu Apr 19, 2018 12:35 pm

Re: Ok I jinxed it the weather is gross

Post by lightenup » Thu Sep 26, 2019 12:18 pm

Jaybird wrote:
Wed Sep 25, 2019 10:44 pm
lightenup wrote:
Wed Sep 25, 2019 4:06 pm
Jaybird wrote:
Thu Sep 12, 2019 10:05 am
The weather is gross , the streams are probably at theyer lowest point of the year , but all in all I think the NJ trout streams made it through the summer ok , not as good as last year but ok .
Now we are expecting 95 degee weather next week..Thanks Jay!! :lol: ;)
Won't be 95° F where I'll be next week ....🥶
Montana?

Jaybird
Posts: 91
Joined: Thu Apr 19, 2018 10:23 am

Re: Ok I jinxed it the weather is gross

Post by Jaybird » Thu Sep 26, 2019 12:35 pm

lightenup wrote:
Thu Sep 26, 2019 12:18 pm
Jaybird wrote:
Wed Sep 25, 2019 10:44 pm
lightenup wrote:
Wed Sep 25, 2019 4:06 pm

Now we are expecting 95 degee weather next week..Thanks Jay!! :lol: ;)
Won't be 95° F where I'll be next week ....🥶
Montana?
If there's a blizzard approaching it must be that someone from NJ is going to Montana

User avatar
lightenup
Posts: 229
Joined: Thu Apr 19, 2018 12:35 pm

Re: Ok I jinxed it the weather is gross

Post by lightenup » Thu Sep 26, 2019 12:51 pm

Jaybird wrote:
Thu Sep 26, 2019 12:35 pm
lightenup wrote:
Thu Sep 26, 2019 12:18 pm
Jaybird wrote:
Wed Sep 25, 2019 10:44 pm


Won't be 95° F where I'll be next week ....🥶
Montana?
If there's a blizzard approaching it must be that someone from NJ is going to Montana
Yes, memories of the last time I was there in September...we had to leave the rainbow valley early as 20 inches were coming and they don't plow the road we were on..back to Bozeman.

Post Reply