Fly fishing show??

All about trout fishing in the great Garden State!
Fishybig
Posts: 281
Joined: Fri Dec 13, 2019 6:43 am

Fly fishing show??

Post by Fishybig » Sun Jan 09, 2022 8:20 am

I got inside word that the upcoming fly show in edison may be in jeopardy this yr...as of friday, they only have 20% of their vendors filled.....i hope it still happens, the symposium was a welcomed return this yr.....if this show is canceled i may cry😭

User avatar
cappy
Posts: 250
Joined: Sun Apr 29, 2018 12:22 pm
Location: On the River

Re: Fly fishing show??

Post by cappy » Sun Jan 09, 2022 8:34 am

For the vendors sake I hope it goes through, however I'm skipping it this year.

Johnw
Posts: 91
Joined: Thu Apr 19, 2018 8:52 am
Location: Red Bank NJ

Re: Fly fishing show??

Post by Johnw » Sun Jan 09, 2022 9:53 am

The Garden State Outdoor Show in Edison was moved to August

User avatar
cappy
Posts: 250
Joined: Sun Apr 29, 2018 12:22 pm
Location: On the River

Re: Fly fishing show??

Post by cappy » Sun Jan 09, 2022 9:58 am

Johnw wrote:
Sun Jan 09, 2022 9:53 am
The Garden State Outdoor Show in Edison was moved to August
I stopped going to that one decades ago, waste of time and money IMHO.

barkeater
Posts: 104
Joined: Fri Apr 20, 2018 9:08 am

Re: Fly fishing show??

Post by barkeater » Sun Jan 09, 2022 12:14 pm

Sounds like parking will be easier. :lol:

Bubba Zinetti
Posts: 81
Joined: Wed May 23, 2018 9:56 am

Re: Fly fishing show??

Post by Bubba Zinetti » Mon Jan 10, 2022 9:33 am

We really wanted to go to the Show. It is a great chance to get out and see new stuff, and to fondle the things that we may buy. Not this year.

User avatar
Rusty Spinner
Posts: 985
Joined: Wed Apr 18, 2018 6:35 pm
Location: Flanders, NJ
Contact:

Re: Fly fishing show??

Post by Rusty Spinner » Mon Jan 10, 2022 10:23 am

I'm still scheduled to work the Native Fish Coalition booth in a couple of weeks. Time will tell if they still have the event or not. I did recently receive an email soliciting vendors which is exceptionally late in the game compared to all other years. They are normally booked by May for the next January show.
"A sinking fly is closer to Hell" - Unknown

User avatar
Rusty Spinner
Posts: 985
Joined: Wed Apr 18, 2018 6:35 pm
Location: Flanders, NJ
Contact:

Re: Fly fishing show??

Post by Rusty Spinner » Mon Jan 10, 2022 1:26 pm

I had two new emails this morning for the FF Show, selling advance tickets and pushing the show itself. If they plan to cancel, they had better do it soon. My guess is they need the funds and will simply keep whatever advances they got for booths and ticket sales and take their lumps hoping they can come back in year 3 in 2023. I don't see the show being well attended although if Omicron follows the same path as it did in Africa, we are at or just beyond the peak with the next two weeks seeing a steep falloff in new cases. Let's hope that is the case.
"A sinking fly is closer to Hell" - Unknown

troutfishing4life
Posts: 210
Joined: Sat Apr 21, 2018 12:11 pm
Location: Morris Plains

Re: Fly fishing show??

Post by troutfishing4life » Mon Jan 10, 2022 5:06 pm

When is the show?

barkeater
Posts: 104
Joined: Fri Apr 20, 2018 9:08 am

Re: Fly fishing show??

Post by barkeater » Mon Jan 10, 2022 8:35 pm

January 28-30.

Bubba Zinetti
Posts: 81
Joined: Wed May 23, 2018 9:56 am

Re: Fly fishing show??

Post by Bubba Zinetti » Tue Jan 11, 2022 9:45 am

Rusty Spinner wrote:
Mon Jan 10, 2022 10:23 am
I'm still scheduled to work the Native Fish Coalition booth in a couple of weeks. Time will tell if they still have the event or not. I did recently receive an email soliciting vendors which is exceptionally late in the game compared to all other years. They are normally booked by May for the next January show.
Hey Rusty, thanks for the updates. We are considering buying tickets, but not going. Will that paltry amount help? or will it give them a miscount?

troutfishing4life
Posts: 210
Joined: Sat Apr 21, 2018 12:11 pm
Location: Morris Plains

Re: Fly fishing show??

Post by troutfishing4life » Tue Jan 11, 2022 9:57 am

I will probably attend if I find a few others to go with me and have to visit and annoy @rusty

Fishybig
Posts: 281
Joined: Fri Dec 13, 2019 6:43 am

Re: Fly fishing show??

Post by Fishybig » Tue Jan 11, 2022 10:22 am

I will deff be there, assuming it happens...

User avatar
Rusty Spinner
Posts: 985
Joined: Wed Apr 18, 2018 6:35 pm
Location: Flanders, NJ
Contact:

Re: Fly fishing show??

Post by Rusty Spinner » Tue Jan 11, 2022 2:06 pm

Bubba Zinetti wrote:
Tue Jan 11, 2022 9:45 am
Rusty Spinner wrote:
Mon Jan 10, 2022 10:23 am
I'm still scheduled to work the Native Fish Coalition booth in a couple of weeks. Time will tell if they still have the event or not. I did recently receive an email soliciting vendors which is exceptionally late in the game compared to all other years. They are normally booked by May for the next January show.
Hey Rusty, thanks for the updates. We are considering buying tickets, but not going. Will that paltry amount help? or will it give them a miscount?
I'm not sure. I haven't heard anything about it being cancelled as an exhibitor yet and it's getting close to show time.
"A sinking fly is closer to Hell" - Unknown

User avatar
Drossi
Posts: 212
Joined: Thu Apr 19, 2018 1:05 pm

Re: Fly fishing show??

Post by Drossi » Tue Jan 11, 2022 4:20 pm

If I'm out working in the office and field then I'll be at the show. And since I am actively doing both....I'll be attending the show. I can't let fear and the commies overtake my life!
You're NOT worthy
Purveyor of the dark art of the long rod
slingin' cane

Fishybig
Posts: 281
Joined: Fri Dec 13, 2019 6:43 am

Re: Fly fishing show??

Post by Fishybig » Tue Jan 11, 2022 6:25 pm

Drossi wrote:
Tue Jan 11, 2022 4:20 pm
If I'm out working in the office and field then I'll be at the show. And since I am actively doing both....I'll be attending the show. I can't let fear and the commies overtake my life!
Is there something to be afraid of?? I personally am over it...

User avatar
BiggerThomas
Posts: 438
Joined: Wed Apr 18, 2018 1:44 pm
Location: Whenever somebody's looking to be free...look in their eyes--you'll see me.

Re: Fly fishing show??

Post by BiggerThomas » Wed Jan 12, 2022 9:17 am

As long as the beer is warm and the tortilla chips are soggy, I'll be there.
Every Night & every Morn
Some to Misery are Born
Every Morn and every Night
Some are Born to sweet delight
Some are Born to sweet delight
Some are Born to Endless Night
___________________________
--William Blake, "Auguries of Innocence"

User avatar
Rusty Spinner
Posts: 985
Joined: Wed Apr 18, 2018 6:35 pm
Location: Flanders, NJ
Contact:

Re: Fly fishing show??

Post by Rusty Spinner » Wed Jan 12, 2022 9:54 am

BiggerThomas wrote:
Wed Jan 12, 2022 9:17 am
As long as the beer is warm and the tortilla chips are soggy, I'll be there.
I get free beer there. I grew up with the beer concessionaire :D
"A sinking fly is closer to Hell" - Unknown

Fishybig
Posts: 281
Joined: Fri Dec 13, 2019 6:43 am

Re: Fly fishing show??

Post by Fishybig » Wed Jan 12, 2022 10:37 am

Rusty Spinner wrote:
Wed Jan 12, 2022 9:54 am
BiggerThomas wrote:
Wed Jan 12, 2022 9:17 am
As long as the beer is warm and the tortilla chips are soggy, I'll be there.
I get free beer there. I grew up with the beer concessionaire :D
Beer?? Yuck🤮 you heathens...ill stick with the hard liquor

User avatar
Rusty Spinner
Posts: 985
Joined: Wed Apr 18, 2018 6:35 pm
Location: Flanders, NJ
Contact:

Re: Fly fishing show??

Post by Rusty Spinner » Wed Jan 12, 2022 11:49 am

Fishybig wrote:
Wed Jan 12, 2022 10:37 am
Rusty Spinner wrote:
Wed Jan 12, 2022 9:54 am
BiggerThomas wrote:
Wed Jan 12, 2022 9:17 am
As long as the beer is warm and the tortilla chips are soggy, I'll be there.
I get free beer there. I grew up with the beer concessionaire :D
Beer?? Yuck🤮 you heathens...ill stick with the hard liquor
Me too, but they don't sell it there if I recall. So free beer it is! :)
"A sinking fly is closer to Hell" - Unknown

Post Reply