
mmm parr marks

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=G8tY1VdHB0QRusty Spinner wrote: ↑Mon Oct 26, 2020 12:40 pmIt's almost spawning time, so they look amazing right now! Nice picture. I've been a deer hunting fool this fall. No fishing for me for a long time now. Too many big bucks in the woods this year.
I've bow fished before, but not dressed as and speaking as Billy Clem Bobmartalus wrote: ↑Mon Oct 26, 2020 2:39 pmhttps://www.youtube.com/watch?v=G8tY1VdHB0QRusty Spinner wrote: ↑Mon Oct 26, 2020 12:40 pmIt's almost spawning time, so they look amazing right now! Nice picture. I've been a deer hunting fool this fall. No fishing for me for a long time now. Too many big bucks in the woods this year.
Did you ever bow hunt like this?
Boat load of carp? Fertilizer, cat food, and actually good eatin I hear if you clean em good. I think what you do with the carp comes third, 1st is having fun shooting carp, 2nd is clearing out the species so the bass fishing improves. (as so I hear about common carp being an impact to other game species)martalus wrote: ↑Tue Oct 27, 2020 2:23 pmAs far as bow fishing-what the heck do you do with a boat load of carp like that? The guy in the video is 'Rut Daniels'-he is a spoof character made up by Canadian Bud Fisher. He and is brother Mike Fisher (a former NHL player) started the Cathin' Deer brand of outdoor clothing.
I don't know about chubs, but local Califon/Vernoy boys used to 'gig' sucker fish in the winter on the SBRR with some kind of harpoon like implement.
I grew up in Whitetail country but never hunted for them. Hunting has always been something in the back of my mind that I want to do 'some day', but I never got around to it. Sitting in a trees stand or blind just doesn't appeal to me. I would prefer a hunt that required stealth/stalking through woods or open country. Just like I like stalking wild trout in mountain streams as opposed to sitting in a boat or on sure waiting for a bite.